[Travel] Mexico 2016


I just spent the last week in Mexico for one of my friend's weddings. I've been to Cuba & Jamaica, but Mexico has definitely been my favourite place so far! The beach, pools, food/drinks, and activities were all amazing! 

I spent a whole week at the Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal in Cancun, Mexico. I had the all-inclusive package, which included (but not limited to) all meals, unlimited alcohol, free wifi, use of beach chairs and water activities, 24hr snack bar, and use of their other hotels facilities in the area. The hotel & surrounding hotels were all accessible through a tram system which came around every 10-15 minutes. 




The beach that was steps away from our resort was beautiful! White sand, clear water.. what could be better? There were even some fish in the water that would swim by, and even got closer if you happened to bring bread with you to feed them :P


I pretty much stuck with drinking Strawberry Margarita's the whole trip.. anything that's pretty and comes in slushy form is my type of drink :)


For my friend's wedding, I bought this gorgeous coral dress from Lulu's (Mythical Kind of Love Dress). It was the perfect style and colour for a destination wedding! The top was a bit large, but I'm sure after a little fixing, I could get it to sit properly.




One day during the week, a bunch of us went to Playa del Carmen for some shopping! I ended up finding a cute pair of earrings for my mom, and my friends picked up some clothes from stores that aren't in Canada. Some friends and I even stopped off at Senor Frogs to grab a quick bite. The tacos and guacamole in Cancun are to DIE for. I did not have a single taco or guacamole and chips that I didn't like!



On another day, we did an excursion with Alltournative where we visited the archaeological site of Ekā€™Balam - an ancient Maya city where we got to climb on some mayan ruins! They were soo high up and the steps were very steep, so you had to walk down side ways taking it one step at a time. 


After visiting the Mayan Ruins, we ventured off to a Cenote - which is a natural sinkhole filled with freshwater. We all had the options of either walking down the stairs to get to the bottom of the cenote, or we could rappel down. I got brave and rappelled down with one of my friends. It was scary at first since we were so high up, but after 30 seconds I was fine and laughing at how fun it was. The water was freezing!


Overall, my trip was pretty great! I spent it with my close group of friends and we all got to get away for a week and relax! There were moments of stress, but that's normal when there's a wedding involved. The beach is definitely somewhere I'm still daydreaming of...


Labels: ,