I've been looking for a new camera for the past couple of months. I'm in a couple of facebook groups for bloggers, nail art, etc and I remember someone mentioning that the Sony a5100
is a great camera, especially for bloggers. After doing some research, and even looking up different cameras, I decided the Sony a5100
was in fact the camera I wanted. It's the size of a digital camera, but functions like a DSLR camera!
The camera has so many great features. I was really interested in finding a camera that could take videos and could have the screen flip up so I could watch what I was doing as I was filming (I just need to wait for the tripod I ordered to arrive!). Here are some great aspects of the camera:
- The 24.3MP Exmor R APS-C HD CMOS sensor brings out the beauty in even the simplest things. It delivers incredible detail and low noise, so you can capture the finest textures.
- The APS-C sensor size, the same sensor format found in Sony's full-sized Alpha DSLR camera lines, combines high resolution, high sensitivity, and dramatic blurred backgrounds.
- Bionz X processor works seamlessly with the sensor to produce crisp still images with area-specific noise reduction, true colour rendering, and low noise.
- High-sensitivity ISO 100-25600 captures beautifully in low light, limiting the noise so every exquisite and vibrant detail pops out.
- The included 16-50mm E-mount retractable Power Zoom lens is small and compact, barely protruding from the front of your camera so you can still slide your a5100 in your jacket pocket with the lens attached. It features ED and aspherical elements for reliably sharp and detailed images well suited to everyday shooting.
- Record Full HD videos in your choice of fast 60i for smooth action sequences, or slower 24p frames per second for a traditional, cinematic effect of the entire game.
- Tiltable 3-inch 921K-dot touchscreen LCD. It flips upwards up to 180 degrees so you can indulge in perfectly framed selfies or low-angle shots, and change your view on a whim. The touchscreen LCD provides better focusing control, and a more intuitive way to navigate menus and play back recordings.
- Wireless file transfers and one-touch pairing with a compatible mobile device are easy with WiFi and NFC connectivity. Sony's PlayMemories Mobile app lets you touch your camera to an Android smartphone or tablet, and create an instant connection through NFC for sharing, remote control, and basic editing.
- Sony's lithium-ion rechargeable NP-FW50 battery lasts up to 400 shots on a single charge. The innovative InfoLITHIUM battery system lets you see the power percentage remaining so you can shoot with confidence.
I really love this camera, and can't wait to take pictures with it for my blog :)
What type of camera do you use??
*These photos were taken with a Nikon d3000*
Labels: camera, product review